Thursday, April 10, 2008

WELCOME to SAND CASTLES

Welcome to Sand Castles

Perhaps your visit will remind you of the days you built sand castles on a beach only to have them washed away by a white-capped wave. That won't happen here--you can build new sand castles or fondly remember old ones--maybe you'll even write a poem about sand castles. I live near the Atlantic Ocean so I walk along the beach every day collecting shells, sand dollars and counting swashmarks at water's edge. If I don't find a treasure as I stroll the beach, I always find a poem. Come walk with me and perhaps you'll find a treasure or a poem at water's edge too.

The Sandcastle

From the beach its sandy walls rise,
Its turrents reach up to touch the skies.
A tiny moat dissolves the keep.
Its pavers are strong,
though only two inches deep.
Tiny footprints embedded in the sand,
Where once a child there did stand.
Its grace and beauty a short time will last,
Before the sea washes it into the past.
- Author Unknown

No comments: